Natural Ways To Avoid Skin Problems When Gardening
Gardening for some is a hobby and for others it’s a chore, but there’s no disputing the fact that it’s hard work and hard on our skin. The raking, digging, trimming, weeding, and planting can take their toll on our bodies and our skin and if you don’t take precautions and care you could end up with dry skin, scratches, blisters, insect bites, and sunburn.
Gardening doesn’t have to make us miserable. Rather than putting up with the after-effects, why not exercise some precautions before heading out in the yard and follow up those garden activities with some basic treatments for your skin with our range of luxury natural skincare products?
Gardening Precautions – Consider these tips to protect yourself from the elements that you may encounter working outdoors:
- Apply sun protection to any exposed skin with one of our SUNCARE Body Lotion at least 30 minutes before heading outdoors.
- Keep our Bug Mist nearby and apply to exposed skin or directly on clothing to keep bugs away.
- Wear protective clothing including long sleeves and pants, gardening gloves, wide brimmed hat, sturdy shoes and use a pad for your knees.
- Take your breaks and re-hydrate your skin with our hydrating and cooling Organic Aloe Vera Spray or one of our Toning Mists to calm and sooth the skin.
- Use a soothing, penetrating and protective SUNCARE Vegan Lip Balm.
Gardening Aftercare – Consider these tips to cleanse, calm, and repair your skin after a day in the garden:
- Gardeners know that hands endure the brunt of the work. Your hands can feel dry and uncomfortable, cracks can appear on the skin’s surface, dirt embeds beneath your nails and those calluses inevitably begin to form. To remedy these common skin ailments it’s a good idea to scrub away the impurities with our moisturizing Sugar Whipped Foot and Hand Scrub that’s bursting with natural ingredients to bring instant relief to your hands.
- Being out in the elements can leave your skin feeling dry and tight. Invest in a nourishing cleansing soap that leaves skin soft and supple, not dry and irritated. We recommend any one of our Goat’s Milk Soaps or one of our Exfoliating Goat’s Milk Soap Bar.
- Treat any scratches, scrapes, cuts, and insect bites with our Neem Cream that has anti-fungal and antiseptic properties to aid in the relief of itchy irritated skin, while it repairs and heals of a variety of skin ailments.
- If your arms and legs were exposed while gardening, it’s likely that you may experience dry or tight skin. To remedy sun damaged or dry skin, spritz on a layer of our Organic Aloe Vera Spray and than treat yourself to our luxurious Hand and Body Lotion with Goat’s Milk that calms and balances your skin while helping it to retain moisture.
Goats Milk Soap Eucalyptus Wave$6.50
Natural Bug Mist Repellent$7.95 – $12.95
Neem & Tea Tree Shampoo Body Bar$7.50
Organic Aloe Vera Spray$12.95
SUNCARE Hydrating Facial Lotion Dry & Mature Skin$18.95
SUNCARE Light Facial Lotion Oily Sensitive Skin$18.95
SUNCARE Sun Block Body Lotion$19.95
SUNCARE Vegan Lip Balm$5.50
Comments are closed here.