How To Teach a Man About Skincare
Why does it seem that men don’t know how to take of their skin and don’t care to talk about it?
Unfortunately, for far too long skincare has been placed in the”beauty” category and, as a result, has always been a topic of feminine concern. When we do talk about skincare for men it usually revolves around shaving facial hair and getting “really” clean with commercial products that inevitably over strip their skin and are packed with skin-irritating ingredients.
Truthfully, most men may not know how to achieve healthy skin or understand the importance of it either, because they don’t possess the knowledge or tools necessary to achieve it. Men just need a little help, and that’s where you come in ladies.
Men, just like women, have specific skin issues and they deal with some of the same skin disorders that need to be addressed as well. Here’s our best advice for teaching “HIM” about skin care.
KEEP IT SIMPLE
Most men don’t like anything complicated, so keep it as simple as possible. Cleanse, exfoliate, shave, moisturize, and protect and add products as needed. Stick to a basic routine and choose dual-action products.
Dual Action Product Recommendations
Again, most men haven’t been educated on proper skin care so give them a lesson in skin care 101. Here are a few of the basics you might want to cover:
- Help them determine their skin type so that they choose the right products.
- Consider product labels and natural ingredients verse chemical ingredients. They may not know that harsh chemicals ingredients in shaving products and commercial soaps, especially liquid washes and shampoo, can cause irritations such as dryness, itching, and razor burn.
- Always wash your face in the evening, after yard work, or a sweaty workout.
- Keep skin hydrated with a moisturizer especially in the dryer winter months.
- Wear sunblock when spending time outdoors.
PUT IT WHERE THEY CAN SEE IT
Out of sight, out of mind is the real deal when it comes to most men. Keep his skin care products in clear view.
HAVE SOME FUN…
Do some mudding!
Getting your guy to do an occasional face mask on his own may be a bit of a challenge, so why not try one together? It might sound ridiculous, but this is how I taught my son about the benefits of mudding, and it worked. We did it together and after he rinsed it away, his blackheads were gone, and his skin was clear, clean, soft, and smooth.
Our facial masks are easy and ready to use, no-fussy mixing.
Check out our complete Men’s Line HereJune 7, 2019 1:06 pm