The Natural Benefits of Jojoba Oil
I’ll be straightforward with you and admit that I have a love affair with jojoba oil because it improves skin and hair drastically.
I formulate many of my products with jojoba oil because it’s the perfect oil for all skin types and conditions including men and infants. However, jojoba (“ho-ho-ba”) isn’t actually an oil – it’s a wax. It has a golden-color and is extracted from the seed of the jojoba plant and it’s packed with vitamins and minerals that promote healthy skin and hair.
Jojoba is the perfect moisturizing agent because its consistency mimics sebum produced by the human skin so it can help balance oil production. It also sinks into the skin quickly, penetrating through hair follicles without blocking them, allowing our skin to breathe. Its awesome beneficial qualities to the body make it useful in skin and hair care products.
Here are some of the many benefits that jojoba oil brings to our products for your skin and hair.
Jojoba for Skin
- Jojoba penetrates the skin quickly and prevents excessive loss of moisture. This leaves the skin feeling soft and supple.
- Due to its antimicrobial properties, it aids in the healing of sunburn, chapped skin, sores and rashes.
- Aids in the treatment of acne. The oil combines well with the natural oils of the skin and hence the production of sebum is kept in check. This helps to prevent clogging of pores. It also helps lighten and fade acne scars and pigmentation.
- Treats skin prone conditions such as psoriasis.
- Even those with sensitive skin can safely use jojoba oil as it is non-comedogenic and non-allergic; it does not trigger any irritation or sensitivity.
- Due to its rich anti-oxidant content, it helps to diminish wrinkles and restrict and delay the effects of aging.
- Treats chapped lips as it prevents dryness and flaking.
- The iodine content in jojoba oil is also significant and this protects the skin from infections.
Jojoba for Hair
- Conditions and moisturizes the scalp.
- Triggers new growth of hair cells, which is beneficial for those suffering from hair loss – especially for those on medications that can cause hair loss.
- Safe for those with sensitive scalp that is prone to redness and itching and conditions such as scalp psoriasis.
- Jojoba oil is antibacterial in nature and hence helpful in treating sores and bruises on the scalp.
- With regular use, jojoba helps to make the hair healthy and lustrous.
In any of our products below, Jojoba can impart soothing, calming, and healing effects. Its antiseptic effects make it a good addition in cleansers, and its antioxidant effects are perfect in creams, and lotions, ointments and soaps and scrubs. Wherever you find it, you can be sure that jojoba will help to improve your skin and hair.
Written By: Mary Ellen Wank, Wellness Advocate and Founder of LATIV, Natural Skin Revival DISCLAIMERNovember 28, 2018 10:07 am