7 Skin Disorders That Effect Men and How To Tackle Them Naturally
Most men tend to ignore their skin and have traditionally kept it simple when it comes to caring of it. For far too long skin care has stayed in the beauty category and has always been a topic of feminine concern. Most men stay silent about their skin issues due to embarrassment. They believe that seeking help is somewhat “less manly”. But a man’s skin is just as susceptible to genetics, hormones, environment, and lifestyle habits as a woman’s skin is.
Skin health is a serious issue for everyone and highly underestimated, especially by men. Taking care of your skin isn’t just about masculinity, beauty, and having a youthful look. Healthy skin not only gives you more confidence, but your skin actually feels better too.
Men who suffer with skin disorders; eczema, psoriasis, acne, and rosacea, need to take their skin care seriously. These conditions require attention, time, and products that are targeted to treat and mange these serious issues. Having a treatment plan and using the right targeted products is necessary in order to keep these conditions under control.
Here are 7 of the more common skin disorders men face and products that will keep your skin looking and feeling its best.
OILY ACNE PRONE SKIN
Men’s sebum production is higher than women’s, so they naturally have oilier skin. Most people with oily skin believe that the only way to combat oily skin is to dry it out. But that makes it worse and leads to excessive shine, clogged pores and breakouts. Trying to stop an overactive sebaceous gland makes it produce more oil to help hydrate it. Stop drying it out!
- FACIAL CLEANSERS: Commercial cleansers have harsh ingredients that can cause dryness. Instead, use a bar of Goat’s Milk Soap, available in a variety of masculine scents. They are mild, gentle and moisturizing. For those who prefer a facial wash this Foaming Facial Wash for Rosacea, Oily and Acne Prone Skin is made with castile soap that is soothing and moisturizing rather than drying. Another option is a dual action Facial Cleansing Scrub that offers some exfoliation; Activated Charcoal or Rosemary Mint. To combat large pores and blackheads, get muddy with this Pore Minimizing Face Mask. The the results are incredible in under 10 minutes.
- AM & PM FACIAL HYDRATION: Oily skin needs to be moisturized with the right ingredients. This Light Hydrating Facial Lotion For Men is made for oily, acne, rosacea and skin sensitivities. It absorbs quickly and has a lightweight non-greasy texture. Formulated to control sebum production and keep skin shine-free throughout the day while providing essential hydration. For sun protection choose a sun block instead of a sunscreen. The SUNCARE Light Facial Lotion for Oily Sensitive Skin is a lightweight non greasy sun blocking option made with non-whitening zinc, a natural sun blocking mineral.
- REPAIR & RESTORE: For breakout’s and cystic acne, spot treat them with Blemish Rescue & Relief Serum (oil serum), Neem Cream or Sea Buckthorn Cream. They are made with a unique blend of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients that reduce redness, inflammation, and irritation while they repair and restore the surface.
DRYNESS, PSORIASIS & ECZEMA
To date, there are no none topical or oral cures for psoriasis or eczema. Both are chronic skin disorders that can be treated and managed with the right topical products and paying close attention to your lifestyle choices. Both skin disorders cause red, itchy dry skin and sometimes appear so similar that it’s even tough for doctors to tell the difference between the two.
Staying healthy while living with psoriasis and eczema means managing the conditions and keeping the symptoms under control; knowing the triggers, have a solid treatment routine (bathing and moisturizing), and watch for signs of infections. Food Allergies and Intolerance That Trigger Skin Disorders.
Treatment, management, and results can vary from one individual to another and are influenced by the severity of the condition.
- FACIAL CLEANSERS: Goat’s Milk Soap is gentle and moisturizing and the best cleanser to keep skin soft and smooth. For those who prefer a facial wash, this Foaming Face Wash for Dry Skin is made with castile soap that is soothing and moisturizing rather than drying. Another option is a dual action Facial Cleansing Scrub that offers some exfoliation; Activated Charcoal or Rosemary Mint.
- AM & PM FACIAL HYDRATION: Keep skin moisturized with this Ultra-Calming Hydrating Face Cream for men. This non-greasy cream relieves itching and irritation while tackling redness and inflammation. Even more, it moisturizes skin while it heals and repairs the surface. For sun protection choose a sun block instead of a sunscreen. The SUNCARE Hydrating Facial Lotion for Dry Skin is a lightweight non greasy sun blocking option that provides essential hydration. It’s made with non-whitening zinc, a natural sun blocking mineral.
- REPAIR & RESTORE: When skin is cracked or broken, use a waxed based ointment, salve or balm like the PRO-Cure Relief Balm. This non-greasy balm adds a layer of protection while the rich therapeutic plant oils repair, heal and restore the surface. For sever dryness, plaques, and mild to moderate flaky skin use NEEM Cream. This power packed cream is made with plant ingredients known for their natural therapeutic properties. It tackles redness and inflammation while bring fast relief to itching irrigation and pain.
ROSACEA & SENSITIVITIES
Even though it is more common in women, men have rosacea too. Rosacea mainly affects the upper cheeks and nose. Men tend to have more phymatous rosacea, which means they are more prone to swollen, enlarged noses as part of their rosacea.
When it comes to rosacea skin care for men, choose products that are fragrant free and free of harsh chemicals. Be cautious about the shaving products you choose to use. Consider switching to an an all natural tradition wet shave that offers a much better shaving experience and is less damaging to skin. Learn more here: 6 Reasons to Switch to a Traditional Wet Shave.
Facial Cleansers: Wash using a fragrance-free, gentle soap bar, Goat’s Milk Soap or Foaming Facial Wash for Rosacea, Oily and Acne Prone Skin. Both are made to help soothe skin that is red, swollen, and irritated.
AM & PM FACIAL HYDRATION: Light Hydrating Facial Lotion For Men is made for oily, acne, rosacea and skin sensitivities. It absorbs quickly and has a lightweight non-greasy texture. This lotion reduces redness and inflammation as it calms and soothes, while providing essential hydration. Protect your skin from excess sun exposure and sunburn with SUNCARE Light Facial Lotion for Oily Sensitive Skin. This sun block lotion is made using mineral zinc that provides hours protection.
REPAIR & RESTORE: For those days when it seems like your skin is on fire and you need quick relief reach for Sea Buckthorn Cream. This incredible cream is made with a unique blend of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients that reduce redness, inflammation, and irritation while they repair and restore the surface.
For support or to learn more about Rosacea: National Rosacea Society
RAZOR BUMPS AND BURN
Men face a lot of issues post and pre-shaving. Dryness, cuts, shaving-aggravated flare-ups or bumps. If you are too casual about your shaving, you can leave long-term negative effects on your skin.
Switch to a Traditional Wet Shave. Our shave soaps are formulated with mild ingredients to soften and moisturize while stimulating circulation to gently exfoliate skin for a shaving experience that is unparalleled. Learn more about the benefits of a traditional wet shave.
Balance oil product, minimize pore size, reduce breakouts, blackhead and shine with this Ultimate Facial Toner For Men. It’s formulated to soothe skin while improving skin tone and texture. Additionally, it provides a comfortable finish for just-shaved skin.
PUFFY EYELIDS AND DARK CIRCLES
Men suffer from baggy eyes, dark circles and eyelid dermatitis. It’s important to keep the eye area clean and to moisturize it daily with an Eye Cream made specifically for the delicate eye area. Also, avoid touching or scratching the area to prevent further irritation or infection. It’s helpful to avoid commercial products that contain harsh drying chemicals. These products can further irritate or infect the area of the eye.
Athlete’s foot is an infection of the foot caused by fungus that results in an itchy rash on the feet. It is most common in male teenagers and young men.
NEEM Cream can be used as a topical treatment to kill the fungus. It can be used several times a day until results are achieved. You can also find relief from the itching and burning of athlete’s foot with the Healthy Foot & Shoe Deodorizing Spray. It’s safe to spray directly on skin and into shoes, boots and socks.
This skin disease happens when your immune system sends faulty signals and skin cells grow too quickly. These pile up in red patches, often with silvery scales. At least half the people with psoriasis have it on their scalp. But you can also get it on your forehead, behind the ears, and down the back of your neck.
NEEM & Tea Tree Shampoo & Body Bar is made for scalp psoriasis and severe dandruff. This hair and body bar aids in the relief, repair and healing of skin due to the powerful therapeutic properties of Neem and Tea Tree. Even more, it tackles itching and irritation while reducing redness and inflammation caused by chronic disorders.
Hopefully after reading this article, you’re able to find that there are natural ways to treat and manage your skin concerns. And even though these products will not cure your skin disorders, they will help reduce the severity of your symptoms.
Written By: Mary Ellen Wank, Wellness Advocate and Founder of LATIV, Natural Skin Revival DISCLAIMERJune 9, 2021 9:12 pm